Friday, June 29, 2012

Easiest $50 I Ever Made

Today I made a cool $50 worth of TripAlertz Trip Cash for submitting the "best overall travel deal of the day" to one of my favorite travel blogs, Frugal Travel Guy. You can visit his blog now to see my triumph. Apparently, this is the hobby that keeps giving and giving.

Aside from making easy money today, I began preliminary work on a 3-city Italy vacation set for some time in early 2014. Planning this far ahead, I think I'll be able to at least secure us business class, if not first class, tickets and world-class hotels all for a few measly nominal fees. I also called Virgin America to inquire where in the world my 10,000 bonus points were for signing up for their credit card. It'd be nice to book my December flight to New York with them since I already have a returning flight from LaGuardia booked (more on this some other time). I quoted the representative I spoke with fine print from their own agreement and he responded like a deer in headlights. Apparently, my miles are forthcoming, though. I'll give them two more weeks, then they'll receive one of my dreaded letters in their corporate inbox and be forced to give me much more than 10,000 Virgin frequent flyer miles (I once wrote a letter that saved me over $5,000).

No comments:

Post a Comment