Monday, June 18, 2012

Staying Classy on a Staycation

We had to postpone an East Coast adventure due to this summer's astronomical airfares. I could have used frequent flyer miles, but all of our current miles are linked to airfare prices, thus diminishing their intrinsic value. Hence, I had to find value elsewhere. I mean, I'll be damned if we're to spend an anniversary with anything less than the finest accommodations while being surrounded by the most picturesque scenery. So, gauging a hostile airfare climate early on, I began tracking Groupon's (and Living Social's) travel deals within driving distance in March for our June anniversary. By early May, I landed a Long Beach resort on the water...at half price! Details and pictures to follow after our trip, including how I booked this hotel smack dab in the middle of the voucher's blackout date.

1 comment:

  1. Baby, I'd stay anywhere with you! ;-) I am so lucky to have someone to do all the research and planning for these amazing trips we take. You rock! ;-)

    ReplyDelete