Wednesday, June 13, 2012

100K Miles

I've amassed 97,969 frequent flyer miles, and that's without really trying. If you assume each mile is worth 2 cents per mile (which is a pretty standard estimate), then my travel cache is valued at $1959.38. These numbers are soon to be small fractions of my rewards repository, though. As is typically the case, when a subject interests me, I read every piece of literature on the topic I can get my hands on. I mean, I'm an English graduate student and my coursework readings paled in comparison to my travel rewards readings this quarter. But now I consider myself an expert...in travel rewards, not English. However, I didn't start this blog to write disquisitions on the various matters concerning travel and travel rewards. I started this blog because...

1. I wanted to boast about our travel and how my ingenuity procured such for little to no cost. Facebook wasn't providing enough grandstanding opportunities for my liking.

2. If I had a dollar for every time I was asked a question about travel, I wouldn't need my frequent flyer miles. Hence, instead of offering countless small lectures on the subject, I figured I'd aggregate the information here.

3. That being said, I don't intend for this blog to be a comprehensive collection of knowledge. Rather, like always, I'm going to write whatever the hell I want. And maybe some of it will even be useful.

4. This project could potentially serve as an informal historiography of our holidays. I'll need something to occupy my time on my deathbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment