Thursday, July 12, 2012

Le Chene Follow-up

Two days after sending my scathing missive to Le Chene, chef and owner Juan Alonso replied with this message:

"Hello Andrew
I have to apologize about the foie gras, our e-mail was a little too successful we did sold much more than anticipated some order were left Saturday for the people that reserve them.That was not in Amadeo control, for the potatoes we don’t normally serve them but on Sunday for brunch and diner not during the week except if we make them for an event.Yes Amadeo is young he has been working here for while first as a bus boy and as a waiter while he goes to college, perhaps when he is in a situation that he does not know how to control he clams up, again sorry for a disappointing evening and for not fulfilling your expectations, let me know if I could anything for you.
Thank you"

Taking into account my previous injurious statements, I'll refrain from submitting a syntactical critique of his response and instead focus on its content. While I am happy to receive an apology on many counts, I would prefer they not be appended with excuses. His response should be providing solutions, not justifications. I was also a bit mystified when I found no voucher or coupon affixed to his apology; however, his closing sentence did leave that possibility open, with a little goading from yours truly.

And, Lo and behold, today a $25 gift certificate arrived in the mail. I would have liked to see at least $50 from such an expensive restaurant, but Le Chene did redeem themselves with this tacit admission of guilt. I suppose I'll give them one more shot...

No comments:

Post a Comment