Monday, July 16, 2012

dineLA Restaurant Week!






Today kicks off dineLA Restaurant Week, where you have the opportunity to dine at some of Los Angeles's best eateries for $25, $35, or $45 (and even less for lunch). Being we live about an hour from Los Angeles, we'll be making a weekend of this. I used a mere 3000 Starpoints (for a $189 room!) to book us at the Four Points Los Angeles Westside, which is within the epicenter of this gastronomic mecca. During our two-day trip, we will be dining at Bouchon, Bizou Grill, and Lucques. While Bizou is one of our favorite restaurants (in no small part due to the $2 corkage), Thomas Keller's Bouchon and Suzanne Goin's Lucques will be new experiences. Based on the chefs' reputations and the rave reviews I've read, I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Usually I would use my Citi Forward card to pay for these meals because I receive 5x points on dining, but instead I'll be using my American Express because they are offering $5 statement credits for spending $21 at dineLA restaurants during Restaurant Week. You can read the full details and register for this promotion here.

In between meals, we plan to see The Dark Knight Rises, explore Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, and spend a few hours at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Apparently, this is the summer of weekend getaways. This is our fifth so far and we still have four more left. Vegas is on deck!


No comments:

Post a Comment