Saturday, July 7, 2012

I'm actually paying to fly...this once

Yesterday's 8-hour Virgin America sale (celebrating their 5th year in a row as best domestic carrier) impelled me to actually pay for airfare for the first time in...well, who knows. The point is, I shelled out a whole $99 base fare for two round-trip tickets from Los Angeles to San Francisco. On a regular day, LAX to SFO is about $200/person round-trip on Virgin America. The sale brought that price down to $100/person, but then I used to my Elevate (their frequent flyer program) discount code and bam: $50/person! I then used my Virgin America credit card to pay for the aforementioned tickets, which will net me about 1000 frequent flyer miles (including the actual trip). I think I'm making money on this flight!

Not leaving for a few months, which will give me plenty of time to map out a hotel strategy.

Miles Update: 153,557 (+55,588 since June 13).

1 comment: